PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Hobby' Aerial photography business
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2005, 07:57
pinkpilot150

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 'suitable aircraft' is a C150 (1967). Its got a good slow loiter speed, high wing, windows open right up to the wing for an unrestricted view (apart from the strut which has to be shot around) and although transit time could be much better (I could walk!), I already own a part share so I am paying circa £35p/h wet, and its got a Public Transport C of A - so this makes it OK for aerial work.

OK, its cosy but I only fly with friends (if they aren't at the start of the flight, they are by the end!) Space in the back is plenty for a couple of digital bodies with lenses attached. Even the Canon 70-200F4 (L) does not weigh that much despite how much it costs!

Skyviews, could I ask if you rent your aircraft, or own, and I would be looking or commisioned work only, I don't fancy the idea of pre-shooting and then going door to door (unless I could get my hands on a blonde female student type to do the dirty work) - hmm, that didn't come out quite the way I expected.

Daysleeper - according to AFM, does that mean I can fly my Cessna 150 sitting in the luggage compartment, or maybe on top of the wing?

Actually, W + B might be an issue flying from the luggage compartment.