PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Geoff Dixon's trough
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2005, 22:15
QFinsider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmmm

As one of the great unhappy, I see the same threats implied by the CP, the deputy CP the IR manager as they attempt to fatten the wallets and sell the bunch of S*it they and the AIPA union calls an EBA. I see the delivery of product to our customers drop as they persue cost reduction. Cost reduction in areas of administration will never be persued as management rely on these little bureacrats feed them their information. I see the litany of lies told by management including statements that all EBAs are signed off, jet* won't take mainline flying...It really makes me sad. Most of my colleagues feel the same way.

But the pricks will never stop me trying to operate safely, it isn't a question of working at mainline, or being a Qantas pilot it's an attitude that is formed way before the bean counters get their grubby fingers on an airline. Whilst management can kiss my a** I will keep flying safely, to the best of my ability..All their short term crap will pass when a new breed of manager tries to fix all the damage done. Hopefully we won't be too late.

In the interim I will take personal roster adjustments, I will do things when I am ready and never when they want it done..Colleagues have witnessed a three month delay in uniform rollouts but were receiving paper in mailslips telling us we needed to get measured up and fitted by June 30 for a changeover that iwas to occur July 1 yet is still to occur as of today's date.

The deputy CP and CP can imply all the threats they like, all the time the pilot group gets older, the airlines in asia, including China, Malaysia, Hong Kong, India and the like scream for crew....

The worm will turn!