PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skirts or Trousers?
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2005, 18:17
EmmaB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMI aren't unusual in banning trousers (for female CC, that is...) - in my experience there are only a handful of OK airlines that allow them (sleazyJet and BA are the only ones that come to mind right now).

When I started out as cabin crew (1994) I don't think there was a single airline that let girls wear trousers. AFAIK sleazy was first, then BA about 3 years ago.

At the airline I work for we have to wear skirts and sheer tights - no chance of opaques even. A while back a few staff tried to get the rule changed but the management said they had researched different styles of uniform with the pax and they preferred a jacket and skirt.

IMHO the airlines that let women wear trousers are putting the preferences of their staff before those of their customers, which is not a good way to run a business. I know of at least one airline (MON) where skirts are compulsory at assessment days - any girls who turn up in trousers get sent home.

I *like* to look smart and be respected by the pax and if the price of that is chilly legs a few months of the year then so be it. You hardly notice if after a while anyway (she keeps telling herself)

Last edited by EmmaB; 10th Sep 2005 at 18:33.