PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA or EK, CABIN CREW,WHICH ONE TO GO FOR?
Old 10th Sep 2005, 11:52
apaddyinuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jetteson,
I think your last post has just lost you the last of your credability!!!!
And did I say Virgin earn more than Easy? I have lots of friends working for Easy and they have read your comments and are embarrassed beyond belief that they work with someone like yourself.
Some people choose to fly for the likes of easyjet for the money, others join airlines such as BA and Virgin for the lifestyle. I dont earn up to 2k a month at LGW WW but when I transfer to LHR WW next month I may. But it doesnt bother as I achieve enough job satisfaction as it is which is more important to most people of substance these days!
Your opinions of BA are certainly unfounded and if you dont beleive me why not ask all the crew from Easy who have come over to join us. I had two former Easyjet pursers in my training course alone and indeed they didnt have anything bad to say about their former employer only that it is a completely different product so therefore a different job to certain extents!
And as for threads on here about BA slashing jobs, this is Pprune, most of what is said in here needs to be taken at face value and dismissed until it actually occurs.
As said earlier...NO CREW WERE SACKED by BA following 9/11 therefore your accusation that a job with BA is not secure lacks foundation! As for the reduced staff numbers following 9/11, this was through a systematic process of offering early retirements, relocating various utilities and not extending temporary or probationary contracts (easy did something similiar post 9/11...how do I know, my cousin was let go only she was rehired again a number of weeks later HOWEVER she was lucky as others were not). Also there are still a number of staff on extended unpaid leave at their own choice!
As for the middle east, I spent 2 happy years there working very hard for Qatar. I did CUT IT considering most of the europeans leave within 6-12 months. However, I dont believe in letting a company force me to lose civil liberties under the name of religion and thats what happens in the gulf! I respect each individuals religions and beliefs (and choice of jobs and airlines for that matter) and I will adapt to show respect but thats as far as I will go.
Matey, I suggest you cop yourself on and lose the attitude. Its clear to anyone reading here that you are disgruntled at something. Believe it or not but its not the BA way to have an attitude towards other airline crew (although I know a tiny minority of BA crew are pre-madonnas and do us no favours), its more often other airlines crew that have a presumption and attitude with us...much like yourself!

Last edited by apaddyinuk; 10th Sep 2005 at 19:27.