PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Hobby' Aerial photography business
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2005, 10:27
pinkpilot150

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree that both cases are Aerial Work which requires a CPL/ATLP pilot.

Unfortunatly thought, I don't agree with the rest of your opinion - careful scrutiny of ANO section 130 (particularly para 1 and 2) state:- 'the flight is public transport [and therefore operators require an AOC] if valuble consideration (say money) is given or promised for the carriage of passengers on that flight.

The definition of passengers any 'non- crew' and is defined in an earlier section of the ANO.

Following this through, if you are not crew (and a photographer, is specifically not defined as crew) - you are a paying passenger (the fact that you happen to be operating a camera is neither here or there.) The flight is public transport and therefore an AOC is required.

I am fairly happy with that now - having spent many sleepless nights trawling through the ANO and associated document, but the question of the legalities of flying your owned (sharded ownership aircraft) and paying somebody to take the photos sounds like a reasonable thing to do - and I don't think an AOC is required?

Does anybody do this for a living/hobby who could help clarify things?