PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - OZJET update
Thread: OZJET update
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2005, 07:58
ozangel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Both reports lack credibility in getting the basics right.
First of all, the first article states a source in CASA - how about putting a date to it? That quote sounds like the one from a few months ago, with the words twisted slightly.
The second article is not correct, cabin crew recruitment is finished for the first phase, training isnt far off either.

Ozjet is serious - I am sure many will be eating their words sooner rather than later.

Finally, whats an airline without negative press? Tell me, did this stuff not pop up when Virgin started? In fact, virgin even had to cancel tickets!

Ive been close up to virgins 737 (including when they had the 3/400), and most of QFs 737s and this 737-200 is in better condition than most of them, both inside and out. Its been looked after very very well. On the inside, the cabin looks newer than some of Virgin and Qantas' newbies after just weeks of flying. On the outside up close, theres not a ripple to be found - unlike many of Qantas' 737s. I remember quite distinctly Virgins VH-CZQ's fuselage aft of the wings resembling corrogated iron it was rippled so badly! Some of Qantas' are just as bad.

Lets wait and see, but from what I have seen, this will happen soon.

Oh and Legal, seems you are getting the reaction you deserve in dunnuda, IM LOVING IT - you have no credibility my friend. But you can rest assured that should you ever step on board Ozjet, the crew will have only the greatest pleasure in showing you just how wrong you are - by giving you the same great treatment as anyone else on board! Thats because they hired professionals! No doubt they will even take the time to sit and listen to you moan about something else and remain completely non judgemental (youll have to find something else soon when ozjet is in the air!!).

As for the guy who turned it down - respect your choice. Its a big move to make - everything has a risk and we all assess it in our own way. From what I have seen lately, i'm very confident it will do very well and have no issues moving from interstate to a new place. (and im no idiot when it comes to these things - I have learnt the hard way about being 'trusting' in aviation - so it wasn't a decision I didnt research and look into thoroughly).

Last edited by ozangel; 10th Sep 2005 at 08:09.