PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gate Gourmet/BA crisis - Gatwick to be Shafted!
Old 10th Sep 2005, 04:21
bealine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is completely unrealistic - a mixture is sold to ensure proper yield management and profit maximisation.
Exactly! I wish those responsible for yield management would realise that! Unfortunately, LGW services only get cr4p rated traffic!!!!

........Except LGW-BRE (Bremen) and LGW-DUS (Dusseldorf) where every ticket sold was at £572.30 - so, what happened? BA axed the routes!

LGW-LUX still carries these high-yield fares - but averages only 25-30 pax per flight! I wonder how long this route will last???

(FYI a 25 pax LGW-LUX service probably yields more profit than a full LGW-BCN or MAD service because of the dilution of Groups, Air Miles, BA Miles, Evening Standard Two for One's etc (which, ironically, are only offered on Gatwick services)! Trouble is, this cr4p rated traffic still has to be checked-in, fed, paid EU compensation and have its baggage looked after!)

IF BA is making losses at Gatwick (and I doubt this very much - I don't trust BA's figures as they are not transparent - indeed, nothing BA does is ever transparent!), its down to cr4p management - nothing else! You certainly can't keep on using the "wrong type of passenger" argument - it is BA itself that has created the "wrong type of passenger" - no one else!!!

So, my question is this, if BA management caused the problems, why are the poor bloody Gatwick infantry getting punished???