PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WJA vs. HMY
Thread: WJA vs. HMY
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2005, 02:46
ea306

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well... well well.

I guess that means I went to the dark side. (I hope it is not wrong to be enjoying it as much as I do!) All I can say is that I am enjoying myself. Love the flying. Enjoy a schedule that keeps me home more than when I was at the teal side...and a bit more than my wife would prefer at times. How long it will last? I really hope a very very long time.

I will say in defense of my Teal friends that blocking a competitor on the ramp is not the kind of thing I would expect of most guys I ever worked with while I was over there. And awe yes... there are a handful of zealotes that see things from their own perspective that is not the prespective of all in the industry.... but I would imagine as Harmony grows there might be the odd one that gets in through the cracks.... however for now it is a pretty small shop.

The vision for this company is not to be anything that WestJet is. That is not a negative comment against WestJet either... Harmony has a different vision... and different goals. You will have to search for yourself as to what it is you would like to get out of this life and how your job fits in with your life's goals and just go from there.

As for a lateral move... well please don't do that. If you see it as a great stepping stone... well that is your business... however I am hoping that Harmony will not be a stepping stone or a turnstile point... but rather a great place to be long term. Time will tell on that one.

Either way....see you at the beach in Waikiki!