PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Crew Pay Ballot Have You Had Enough
Old 10th Sep 2005, 02:37
sinala1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Realworld I can happily answer your questions:

1) I love my job and the industry I work in - and yes even the airline(s) I work for

2) I don't like the pay I recieve - its not nearly representative of the work and stress on our bodies... but of course I am going to be proactive and try to change it rather than bitch and moan about it and expect it to change itself! How many times in history has someone been given a payrise without asking/fighting for it??????

3) See above re terms and conditions - if everyone was to accept the first thing offered to them, the chances are no-one would get anything they want.

You are thoroughly missing the point of this debate/thread - we are *not* bitching and moaning (in general) about our job. We are *not* expecting anything unrealistic from the company as far as our pay offer goes. We are *not* unaware of the rising fuel costs, rising security costs, rising airport landing fees etc. At the same time we are also *not* unaware of the money saved through changing caterers. We are *not* unaware of the money spent (wasted) on the uniform redesign that is soon to occur, the money spent on sending out little canvases to all employees to paint a picture on, the money spent painting the side of an aircraft with the picture of a huge pair of boobs etc.

In my personal opinion, VS has a few of its priorities in the wrong order - hence we are here to hopefully change that!

(And let me say one more time just incase it was not heard - I DO LOVE MY JOB! Ask anyone that knows me or of me - I am one of the most passionate aviators/cabin crew out there....)