PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Crew Pay Ballot Have You Had Enough
Old 9th Sep 2005, 15:57
Denzil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airlines don't make money!!! What are Lufthansa, British Airways, Emirates, KLM-Air France & Virgin Atlantic (to name but a few) then or at the bottom of your tickets does it say "thanks for flying XXXXXXX, a registered charity"

You better tell all the shareholders who so foolishly invested in airlines that "THEY DON"T MAKE MONEY", indeed SRB is probably reading this as we speak wondering how he can offload all is 747 & A340 aircraft that he stupidly leased for his business that could never possibly "MAKE ANY MONEY". The Swire family must be around the family dinner table thinking how stupid they are having their money tied up in Cathay Pacific when it could never possibly "MAKE ANY MONEY". Willie Walsh is saying to his wife, "why did you let me take on another airline management job, it's now obvious to me that British Airways will never MAKE ANY MONEY". Stellios is getting new a new logo on the easyjet aircraft 'fly easyjet we NEVER MAKE ANY MONEY". As for Ryanair, may be they don't "MAKE ANY MONEY" either.

To 95% of the population the job is easy! I'll give you that one, I’m sure going away to sunny beach side destinations is always fantastic. I bet cabin crew never miss a loved ones birthday, a friends engagement do, are stuck downroute (that’s the other side of the world) when a family member is sick or in need. And I know for a fact they get EVERY public holiday off NEVER, EVER work Xmas.

Indeed after reading the second paragraph of this, the major airlines are probably looking at a complete restructure. This would see them NEVER flying at weekends or public holidays (a bit like 50-60% of the population). After all as a major airline they'll never possibly "MAKE ANY MONEY".

So to summarise;
1) Don’t waste your allowances downroute on beer & wine, be more sensible.
2) Suggest to VS that you all pay for your own transport to/from the hotel downroute.
3) Forget doing SEP, it’s just a waste of time & money, spend the extra time fine tuning different ways of offering “chicken or beef” & “tea or coffee”. In an emergency just keep shouting "CHICKEN OR BEEF”.
4) Learn to feel sorry for your boss, any profit they make (and remember airlines don’t MAKE ANY MONEY”), has to then be dealt with. This causes him sleepless nights worrying about which offers the best investment (please don’t invest in an airline, it’s just plain lunacy as they never, ever “MAKE ANY MONEY”).
5) Any upgrade you may have earned through length of service etc should never be used, give them away to some poor needy airline investor, they can’t afford those big posh seats at the front.
6) Finally if it’s all too hard working for a modern airline, you just can’t hack it anymore, you don’t want to work together for better working conditions & pay, then please just leave and find another job like realworld at did!

Realworld, your either a VS manager trying to be clever, a sad ex VS cabin crew member who couldn’t get promoted or just a complete comedian.