PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Compressor rinsing
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2005, 15:30
kopter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In reality, when landing at last light, how many people wait a further 45-mins for things to cool down before doing a wash / rinse and then start the aircraft up again??? (I even open up the cowls to assist in cooling, but still looking at an extra hour or so before completing paperwork and then going home)... In my case, (being totally honest), around 40% of the time - I might add that I have PC taps fitted and conduct a wash/rinse (with Zok) 3 to 4 times per week, not always at the end of the day though...

I do worry (feel guilty) though on the times that I've flown and then put the helicopter away for the evening without doing a wash or straight rinse... (Maybe it has just been a big day and the family is waiting etc)...

Obviously, doing a wash/rinse the next day is not as good as the salt has already done its work...

I always start the helicopter after the wash/rinse... Any thoughts here on doing the start the next day??? Not good I'd imagine as the fluid contains all the crap and would sit there overnight!

Just looking for ideas/input on doing it better!

(PS - Operate a B206 near the coast).