PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Air Law Exam
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2005, 13:47
splatt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't written air law yet but with the ammendments made to the Low Flying Rule back in April 2005 I have noticed that despite having bought my textbooks and practice exams after this date that their contents has become is outdated. The current Rule 5 and changes are available from:

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2005/20051110.htm

I only picked up on this because I did an online practice exam and of course any changes to the law are incorporated as they occur and are immediately reflected in the questions I am answering. They do not have to go through the edit and reprint process. Nor do I have to buy a new book each time the law changes.

At first this annoyed me because the answers to my airlaw exam would most likely be incorrect had I not stumbled upon this fact. I thought that the CAA or whoever should have made more of a point of publicizing the change. Now though, I think I have reasoned that the powers that be see no pressing reason to publish the change as most pilots will be flying on the older, higher minimum heights therefore not breaching the new lower minimums.

I'm tempted to ask a few of the instructors at my school what the minimums are to see if they have kept up to date I figure that I'll ask what date the test was generated when I write the exam in a few days. If its before April 2005 I'll go with the old Rule 5, if after then I'll go with the new Rule 5 should any Low Flying questions crop up.

splatt