PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EBA & IR Issues in Australia (Not for those easily offended!)
Old 9th Sep 2005, 11:57
Pro Golfer 69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's no good Cart. There's nothing worse then working with lazy bludges. Its hard yakka working those long Europe sectors as well all know but you know the old saying ‘whinging Pom’? Well it sounds like you’re stuck with them day in and day out.

Added to your nightmare is them going sick up line leaving you short crewed for your return leg to LHR. I’m afraid it’s only going to get worse next year. At the end of March 2006 the QF15/16 will terminate as the QF29/30 goes daily. So all those long slips in HKG & SIN that have been occurring will vanish. Watch the sick leave then go even further through the roof.

What the company doesn't realise is this going to be an on going problem. The UK nationals will work for a while, take lots of sick leave, have a winch, do a lousy job and then move on to another job, so they’ll be continually recruiting. The service will always be **** and you’ll always be picking up the slack! Imagine what’s going to happen when all the Aussies come home at the end of their contracts. (And I highly doubt many Aussie crew will go up there for the 2nd round) The service and base will fall apart!

Anyway according to Peanut Puncher everything is rosy! Too funny!

Hope you make it though the 2 years Cart, you would have certainly earned your right to have a permanent Australian based position even though I'm sure you deserved one in the 1st place!

Last edited by Pro Golfer 69; 9th Sep 2005 at 12:07.