PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 9th Sep 2005, 10:23
Bart O'Lynn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
greetings don,

You are right english isnt my first language. swearing is. My grammar and punctuation are sh1te as well so dont start.

I do agree with the comments on this thread , its just getting a bit tiresome, was amusing. it just doesnt project a good image of the individuals, read pilots, that chose to go to the gulf. Everyone has problems but some of your colleagues have made bitchin an artform. As an exexpat, wannabes from the first world (mostly uk , some aus) usualy didnt last and werent suitable. Seems the recruitment process in that area isnt so hot. Expat life isnt easy whinging is.

Now as for the licence, its very easy to swap your icao licence if you have the necessary experience. Or you can do as i did which was 18 written exams, two flight tests and two girls on the course. Now thats alot more expensive and demoralising than a GCA rubber stamp,or three years of subsidising an EK f/o salary, but i (and we) dont keep going on about it. Since JAR we also get people walking in with dodgy histories,ratings and getting Jar licences, and yes DEc positions in my company. Dont see it aired in public tough. Half of my colleagues eat shark meat for gods sake.So why dont some of you colleagues look on the bright side. if they havent got a jar licence the time at emirates will help them bypass the requirements. There that wasnt difficult, a smile. Oh I forgot , the dec's are taking all the P1,buggers. If you are not being faecesous erm cant spell....****ty..pm me and i can point you in the right direction, re the swap thing.

The other option,as many of my friends took was go to emirates from africa, and get a validation on their validation of an african licence of dubious provenance.A much easier option that produces all the bells and whistles but a history that wouldnt stand up to a detailed check from a first world investigator should aproblem happen at say LGW. For me there was no contest. I wanted a respectable qualification after africa, not layers upon layers of validation which, if stripped back may reveal barely a congolese ppl for example. I dont make the rules though, just my own choices which refers me back to the end of my last post.

One other choice, or freedom if you will, amongst the many i now have in the uk is to read these forums to broaden my awareness of opinions from across the globe. I have more in common with you guys than you may think,which is why the whinging is becoming emabarassing to the profession.

Last edited by Bart O'Lynn; 9th Sep 2005 at 10:34.