PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gate Gourmet/BA crisis - Gatwick to be Shafted!
Old 8th Sep 2005, 21:57
bealine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bealine, I really can not understand your obsession with the profit / loss of an individual aircraft !
......and that, ladies and gentlemen, highlights in a nutshell exactly what is wrong with BA!!!

I bet Michael O'Leary could give me an answer within a few hours regarding one of RYR's individual aircraft!!!

.....But, sadly, with BA, finance is all tied in with different "budgets" so that costs can be hidden or reallocated elsewhere! This is the real reason why an individual aircraft's balance sheet will not be shown - because the true picture would emerge!!!

(The reason I am obsessed with this is because, over a three or six month period, that aircraft would have covered its complete "tour of duty" several times over and would produce an accurate picture as to whether we're just being "busy fools" or actually selling tickets that make money! I have always advocated that it's far better to sell 25 seats at £100 each than 100 seats at £25 each - but then, who am I? I'm only a poor Gatwick turd compared to the mighty LHR lot!)