PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA Logbooks?
Thread: CASA Logbooks?
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2005, 19:32
9Ws

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I use the ATC. Find it the best by far. Don't think I'll ever change. In fact I still have them mailed across to me overseas every 2-odd years.

Flying airline routes I use one line per sector. Helps keep a tidy record especially when you could be flying from A-->B-->A-->C on one day and just C-->A the following day (a different date).

This way I can also clearly record Instrument flying only for the sector I was the Pilot Flying.

Another advantage this has been for me is when 4-5 weeks down the line someone from Flight Safety calls to ask "was it you doing a ROD >900'/min below 500'AGL?" ... I know who I was flying with, and I also know who was at the controls even if the other pilot forgot the incident (or we both didn't even notice it).

Back to the logbook... I log one sector per line and leave 4 lines at the end of every month and every year for a monthly/yearly summary and company "rubber stamps". I log ~600-700 hours/year for the past 7 years and I've only just started ATC logbook #4.