PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 8th Sep 2005, 18:44
Bart O'Lynn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alphaprot and seamen
My my arent we touchy. This is a public forum and as such i'm entitled to read it.As are many non pilots. Your philanthropistic tendencies to warn your fellow aviators are commendable. The point is its a never ending repetitive whinge. I was offered an EK contract last year, didnt take it for all the reasons here. However It was all obvious to anyone in the three day trip that wasnt blinded by the quick command carrot.All smiles and no substance. Maybe some egos clouded common sense? If the cap fits!! If you are bitter about your choice fine but constantly rehashing it makes you all look like whinging gits.

I do live somewhere civilised after 17 years as an expat in the uncivilised world so i do know what i'm talking about.This time around I chose to keep my left seat, freedom of speech and a society with a little more depth to it.
As max said we work hard and only the blessed few still have the old perks. The difference is we dont keep whinging about the same problems (which exist) time after time.

If your abject dismissal of my opinions is indictative of the calibre of the people i nearly had to work with (which idoubt is the case) then thank **** i didnt join.

As for not choosing to drink with your managers even if you could, you are obviously of the "dont do work" brigade. Bit of a bad career choice then going to a captive expat company where work OWNS you, and your existance. In your mitigation the employment dynamic there makes them more your masters and in keeping with cultural preferences maybe u shouldnt drink with them. Now that WAS obvious at interview. My managers are not my mates but we are on first name terms as are all the flight crew and are approachable and usually fair.

If you continue to post on a public forum we are entitled to comment. Where you are and the restrictions you suffer are YOUR own fault.You pays yer money etc etc. It would appear you are the nieve ones and i do know what i'm talking about.

PS. let the facts speak. I'm in the UK paying tax and happy still making more than you. You are in the superb Dubai, skint, Knackered and bitter. At least the cabin crew get a gold rolex for taking it up the Batty.Says it all really. Now to reiterate have a word with yourselves .

Last edited by Bart O'Lynn; 8th Sep 2005 at 23:53.