PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter FlightSims
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2002, 23:57
advancing_blade

Paulo. .. .A useful tip I was given, is to keep a relative walking speed out side (lateraly) in the approach, as you descend this will keep the speed about right, but try not to lose translational lift too early. On the FS2000 you might try the virtual cockpit view, rather than the panel view. The problem realy, IMHO is that you don't get the motion or visual sensations that you require to stay stable (like inadvertant IMC in a helo). . .. .If you fancy helicopter sims, try SAR II which is flying a US coast guard Dauphine (with winch ops and all, or for super photo realistic panels where EVERYTHING works, try Fly II by terminal reality, beats the socks of FS and only about £15. I bought it for the turbine starts and checks (yes very sad) but there is a 407 to fly (which I find almost impossible) and lots of slabs if thats your thing. These are very authentic aircraft with full checks and start, pre start etc. Also you might try getting a seperate throtle control which can easily be adapted to a collective position