PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gate Gourmet/BA crisis - Gatwick to be Shafted!
Old 8th Sep 2005, 14:37
oneworldba123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And what do the people behind this decision up at waterslide (which co-incidentally needs halfing in size with all the 'managers' trimmed) propose to do with,

a, the 50+ shorthaul and 12 worldwide destinations served from LGW, which due to SLOT CONSTRAINTS AND LACK OF RUNWAY SPACE at the golden runways are not served from LHR and which contrary to popular belief run quite profitably rom LGW. Will BA abandon these places altogether???

b, the 5000+ BA staff based at LGW, Cabin Crew, Flight Crew and all the groundstaff? I know waterslide think they are running Heathrow Airways but even they should realise that there aint enough space for all these at the 'mothership'.

c, the aircraft that are actually owned (yes watersliders, BA actually own 737's)?

Why can BA and certain members of staff at LHR realise that LGW is not a dumping ground for LHR's losses, we are part of mainline BA and that it is now time or LHR to take some cuts (CAT Payments etc anyone???).

And does the fact that GPM results for LGW are some o the best in the airline, with praise for the terminal and staff???

There is little else that can happen to LGW to make the shorthaul side more efficient - believe me I know with late finishes, minimum turnarounds and maximum aircraft useage with some of the oldest a/c in the fleet, crew walking to a/c and the decrease in crew nightstoppping, not to mention a more low-cost style to rosters, six on - one day off - six on - 2 off, is not uncommon or SH LGW!!!

WW Please turn your devils fork to LHR, maybe then we can fly a profitable airline with freedom of choice in where pax leave from.