PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I never knew God flew Metros
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2005, 09:03
Meeb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Night Watch...

Granted I have forgotten the actual events of the Tamair accident, thank you for correcting me, it was a simulated failure once airborne, although I did say the only safe way was +ve rate of climb before simulating anything, including gear up, they left the gear down, proved a fatal mistake.

There is a VERY big difference between doing a simulated engine failure (zero thrust 10-12% torque) during the day and at night, one is legal and the other is not!
If you read what I said, I made no
distinction between day or night.

I have also flown heaver types then the Metro in Australia and have had no problems with this procedure in those as well. Granted I have not flown in Australia for quite some years, so things may have changed, however I'm positive JAR ops mean jack **** there.
Surely you do understand what I was saying there and maybe you are playing devils advocate? An other regulator deems this procedure unsafe, thats the point.

Who are you to deem this proceeder "dangerous" when you haven't flown the type...... just plane ignorant!
I do not think you are listening! It is
dangerous in any aircraft.

The training of engine failures close to the ground in a controlled manner in the Metro is extremely valuable. This is one bitch of an Aircraft that will not tolerate inaccurate flying when it hits the fan. You will run out of controls long before the published Vmca.
That is a very stupid statement, how can anything be "valuable" that is so dangerous... weird logic. Also, your comments show that you do not really understand Vmca, so I think you are not who you say you are, but I just wanted to correct a few points in case anyone reading this thought what you were saying was correct, obviously it is far from correct or accurate.

Thanks to the other posters, gaunty etc, for keeping this lunatic down in my absense...