PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL Air Law Exam
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2005, 07:58
skydriller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IO540 :
As regards stuff changing, not a lot of this stuff has changed since WW1
I know for a fact that a few things changed when the system went JAA/JAR....

I was one of the first students (In fact I think I was the first, Autumn 1999?) at the flying school I trained at to do the JAA/JAR versions of the ground exams and the only one I had a problem with was the Air Law exam. I didnt pass it the first time by one question, and when debriefed on what I got wrong only one or two questions was me screwing up with lack of knowledge. For a couple of the others the marking sheet provided was actually wrong and the others were changes between the two systems where not everyone could agree on what the correct answer was when quizzed to explain....

Took it again immediately and passed no problem, again on debrief the questions I got wrong were debated at length by instructors at the flying school.....as before they were not sure if the exam answer was correct or not. Also, this time one of the questions I got right, everyone thought was actually wrong!!!

I know you could argue that I should have learnt the new JAA/JAR syllabus and I would have had no problems, but the way I remember it there was no real info about the new system at the time, so everyone was trying to cope by using the old CAA stuff and muddling through any changes as they occured. Nobody had bothered to look at the exam questions/answers to see if they made sense before...

Regards, SD..

PS..Well done italian john!!