PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gay Pride?
Thread: Gay Pride?
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2005, 07:50
tablet_eraser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
16B

Okay, I think I can make peace with you - your arguments for the causes of sexuality are clearly deeply-rooted, and you can at least put forward arguments in a reasoned and diplomatic way. Flap62, take note.

However:
..then why cite examples of alleged homosexual behaviour in animals to support your position?
Without trawling through the last 9 pages of this thread, I don't remember citing homosexuality in animals as a support for my arguments. In fact, I said that I think human and animal sexuality are too different to be able to link and compare the two.

Re-heat - couldn't agree more. That's what all of this should boil down to. Respect for the individual. The RAF chap interviewed by Attitude magazine had this to say:
It's accepted now that you can't run the military effectively without giving attention to morale and welfare, and respecting people's sexuality is a big part of that.
Common-sense. If you want to get the best from your team, you need to respect their sexuality and relationships unless they run totally contrary to good order and discipline (such as adultery - gay or straight!). Whatever you think, gay personnel are now a part of the Services and if you don't accept that and respect their lifestyle then you're going to be a poor leader. For reference, the overwhelming majority - i.e. all but one - of my colleagues does not have a problem with my sexuality. Don't claim that A T, Scud and I are morale-sapping individuals because experience dictates otherwise.

Management doesn't come into this - it is leadership, pure and simple.

I think this thread has run its course - we're never going to agree, and if it carries on it's going to become more and more tedious. I suggest we have it locked and keep it on the boards for posterity.