PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AC cabin service
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2005, 07:37
Rollingthunder

Eight Gun Fighter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I must lead a charmed life. I can't remember the last time I had a bad AC flight. I do YVR-LHR and LHR-YVR about 12 times a year plus many trans-con flights. Check-.in and cabin crew have always been friendly and helpful. The interiors are always in good nick - clean and serviceable. Yes, there are no PTVs unless in business class (portable individual units)- the result of financial constraints in the past but you get movies and news and some TV comedy shows plus the enroute moving map.
The financial constraints never affected the maintenance of the aircraft. I actually prefer the 767s - probably because that's the aircraft I have spent the most time jumpseating on the flight deck,(over Greenland on a clear night is quite amazing) but I find even the hospitality class cabin comfortable. A340 and A330 seats not quite as comfortable. Food can be mediocre but I've had some quite tasty meals as well and as much whisky etc. as I want without hassle. Flights are usually on-time, often early on arrival.

I might be a little biased but I'm also quite critical. 29 years with Canadian Airlines and predecessors and Air Canada. Apologies to those who have had bad flights.