PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I never knew God flew Metros
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2005, 00:17
turbolager

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So who was in the other seat?
Someone who needs to grow some hairy balls perhaps? Doesn't it take two crew to continue an OEI takeoff beginning below V1? One to fly it, and one to sit there allowing it?

"ABORT ABORT" or said company's preferred reject takeoff callout springs to mind eh.... And yet below V1 the other guy still wanted to go flying, as evidenced by his complete lack of challenge.

Call assertively for a rejected takeoff, if it isn't actioned, slap the levers back to flight idle yourself fer fuxache!! Then stamp on the brakes so hard your butt leaves the chair. Assuming you got antiskid Take the whole screaming festival clear of the runway where it can be debated in safety. Your actions should be well protected by your SOPs and even crew incapacitation guidelines . All of which can be discussed in leisure at Vchocked while waiting for the brakes (and the CP..) to cool down.

It sounds to me like a few more questions need to be asked of the other willing participant(s) in this madness, if it is anything more than vicious rumours. Someone had to sit there with the assertiveness skills of a cabbage and continue a one engine takeoff.

DISCLAIMER: like all of these potentially cow dung conversations I wasnt there, dont know the characters, SOPs, aircraft type or operator involved, or the circumstances. The above is my opinion based on multiple assumptions, so feel free to correct me as required!