PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Egyptair
Thread: Egyptair
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2005, 22:29
airmemphis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hafez, I fly Egyptair on a very regular basis on most of their routes and I would disagree with you regarding it being just 'ok' (but off course you are entitled to your opinion). They're not a top notch airline (yet) but they are improving by the day (compare them now to what they were just 18 months ago).

The Airbus fleet consists of 12 A320s and 2 A321s (the other 2 A321s have been wet leased to subsidiary Air Cairo). 7 A320s were delivered back in 91/92, while a further 5 were delivered in 2003 with upgraded cabins and larger C class. And as I said a few more A320s are arriving over the next 12 months.

Starting from next summer their subsidiary, Air Cairo (who currently operate charter flights), will begin to take over Egyptair's domestic and selected regional services as the first of upto 8 brand new A318s (6 firm + 2 options) are delivered.

With the Egyptian authorities finally considering opening up the scheduled market to privates Egyptian airlines, we'll see Egyptair improve even further as they face stiffer competition on their home turf.

p.s. In my many years of experience with Egyptair I have only experienced a hot cabin (where the air conditioning was too low) back in 1988 on a B762 from CAI to JED