PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gazelle: Flying, operating, buying
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2002, 13:15
Heliport

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

A gentle word of warning ...... .. .

In recent weeks, there have been a number of posts on different threads which, although dressed up as helpful recommendations in response to questions, are actually advertisements placed by people (often instructors) connected with particular flight schools / helicopter vendors.
Advertising revenue is important to PPRuNe and, for that reason, Moderators are instructed to delete any post which amounts to free advertisements for businesses that don't pay PPRuNe's (very modest) advertising charges.

Strictly, that includes even recommendations and in some forums the rule is applied very strictly. We allow a degree of latitude in this forum and, with some exceptions, Admin let us use our discretion and don't intervene.
Genuine independent personal recommendations are useful. I've made some myself, and I've followed recommendations made by others. But, if this is to continue, we need your cooperation.

We hope it won't become necessary to name names - you know who you are . . .

Please stop posting bogus 'recommendations' promoting flight schools/businesses with which you are connected.

It's not fair to the owners of PPRuNe - and it's not fair to con fellow Rotorheads into believing they are being offered independent advice when it's not.

A blanket ban on all recommendations would only spoil things for everybody.

We've edited some posts on this thread and deleted one entirely. Others appear to be genuine recommendations from neutral sources and remain as written.

The above comments don't apply to Loose Nut - thanks for starting an interesting discussion.. . . .

[ 12 March 2002, 12:13: Message edited by: Heliport ]