PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - An Honest & Uncensored Debate About Jet2
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2005, 16:23
X-Centric

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Trip Switch, it sounds very much as though the crew to which you are referring handled the situation very well, as it should be. The fuel leak that I write about was the complete opposite. It was unsafe in the extreme.

I do believe that many of my colleagues are absolutey terrified of losing their jobs if they cross PM or ID & to that end will not always be thinking clearly. The warnings that I received, when I unfortunately joined these cowboys, about always staying on the right side of PM were astonishing to anyone who has been a captain with any other airline. I sincerely believe that the hierachy of this company has the latent potential to pose a very serious impact on flight safety.

Rest assured that CHIRP have been informed about serious errors at Jet2 & by a number of people, I believe. As I've stated: my hope is that they begin to listen, to cease bullying their crew, to allow the engineers to make decisions when needed & to let the crew, who are unfortunate enough to have to stay, do the bloody jobs that they are paid to do.

If they keep on losing crew at the present rate then they will be forced to continue to employ captains who think nothing of carrying out fly pasts at approx. 10ft above the runway during the launch of a service & contractors who have 'done' just about every airline in Europe & beyond & can't find a position anywhere else because they are just marginal & known to be.

Last edited by X-Centric; 7th Sep 2005 at 17:50.