PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gay Pride?
Thread: Gay Pride?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2005, 08:29
Training Risky

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
I find the practices abhorrent but I don't have a problem working with homosexuals - I am not that insecure or vain that I think I will get pounced on in the showers. I'm not even sure if any of the guys and girls I work with are gay - so I am not affected either way.

What I (and I expect many others - gay and straight) have a problem with is the constant parading of UK military homosexuals in Gay Pride, gay magazines and other publicity-grabbing events in order to 'prove' to the nation how much the military has changed since the bad old days.

The MOD should cease to engage in all activities which showcase and show off the minorities in HM Forces. Ex-Lt Cdr Lustig-Preen shouting his mouth off in the papers, regular 'features' on female pilots (wow! ) in RAF magazines, the latest MOD initiative to entice muslims into service.... STOP THE LOT! And concentrate on us as one big happy military family.

Why should we bend over backwards to get these minorities (and they are minorities in the UK) into the military, and go to such great lengths to publicise our efforts?

Lets just get on with the job, recruit as many PEOPLE as we can, and not make a big deal of how many gays, women, blacks we have. Lets go about our duties normally and make a really big deal when we get something worthwhile right: Boscastle, peace and security in Irag/Afghanistan... err that's a different thread

Points, comments, dissenters and PC flamers greatly welcomed....