PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gay Pride?
Thread: Gay Pride?
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2005, 15:01
tablet_eraser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scud-u-Like, funniest post so far... I like it!

Flap62: I am NOT going to accuse you of homophobia, as you raise a valid point. I think an equally-valid point is that I want to serve my country and have the right and ability to do so. I do not look at men lustfully in the shower block on exercises and ops. In fact, we all accord each other the degree of privacy and dignity to which we are all entitled. I mentioned earlier that the policy change is reliant to an extent on the goodwill and good behaviour of all it affects. That's why we have the Service Test. Let a gay man make moves on me in a shower block, and I can guarantee I'll be complaining as vocally as you would.

By the way, this post marks the first time I've used the word "homophobia" in 4 posts (including this one). I don't accuse people of homophobia lightly - it's a very strong, emotive term and I have yet to encounter someone who is genuinely homophobic.

After all, as so many people are proud to point out (usually after complainiang about gay personnel and emphasising their masculinity in whatever way they deem necessary)... we don't actually have a problem with homosexuals.

I've been impressed with the quality of this debate, and it's not been without some cracking banter. And Scud-u-Like's post (maybe you should submit it as a GEMS idea?). Good work all!