PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gay Pride?
Thread: Gay Pride?
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2005, 06:20
ORAC
Ecce Homo! Loquitur...

Received 1,612 Likes on 737 Posts
Gender is not sexuality. Sexuality is determined during, and shortly after, the 6th week of gestation and is a result of the presence of testosterone as the testes start to develop. This determines the neural pattern laid down, late or low development produces a more female brain. Oestrogen is not a factor, as mammals we gestate surrounded by our motherīs hormones and a high level of oestrogen is always present.

If one accepts that the level of oestrogen in the environment can affect sexuality, one would believe that there should be a clear correlation between the two which varies world-wide as the level varies. I have seen no such evidence. Based on such a hypothesis, one also presumes there should have been a concurrent and equal reduction on the occurence of lesbianism.

And there is no point setting up an aunt sally so you can knock it down, perhaps you might be better addressing the article cited by Scud-U-Like?

I did a bit of digging on your references. The result concerning the second, NARTH, is most interesting. They are a fundamentalist Christian group supporting "Reparative therapy" and believe that homosexuality is a lifestyle choice and can be cured, see here a rebuttal of their position by an ex member and here by the Presbyterians.

I would hesiate to take their word as a scientific source, but even if you did - their position is in direct contradiction to your theory. Which is it to be, lifestyle or pollution? Or is it either as long as it is anti-homosexual?

Last edited by ORAC; 6th Sep 2005 at 06:50.