PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gay Pride?
Thread: Gay Pride?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2005, 07:58
Maple 01

TAC Int Bloke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scud, my point was that the 'ist' card is played whenever someone from the majority WASPH (invent your own social shorthand here) start talking about 'rights' or voices fears - whether or not those fears are accurate or demands reasonable - However, the same knee-jerk reaction doesn’t happen when those demanding 'rights' come from minority backgrounds - In the example I gave I didn't see the chap from the CRE condemned as a bigot, threatened with dismissal and ordered to undertake compulsory 'Equality and Diversity' training. Imagine a white headmaster making the same comments?

Stupidity and bigotry is an equal opportunity employer. ALL minorities also have their share of card carrying 'ists'. Perhaps it would be better to address ALL forms rather than the current concept that only White=racist/sexist/homophobic. Perhaps addressing the genuine concerns of that marginalized WASPH grouping and either showing that their fears are groundless, or doing something about the percieved social injustices might help and reduce the numbers sweapt into the arms of an ever greatful BNP