PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gay Pride?
Thread: Gay Pride?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2005, 21:42
Captain Sand Dune

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fact: As long as there have been homosexuals, and as long as there have been military forces, there have been (shock, horror) homosexuals in the military.

Fact: I have never had a problem working with gays (of both brands). He/she did not introduce themselves as "hi, I'm xxxx, and by the way I'm GAY!"

I don't care what you do in the privacy of your bedrooms as long as you don't try and force it down my throat (ummm...ahem - well, you know what I mean).

So what's my point?

1. Honest question. Do gays really need to have "Gay Pride" marches and such like to feel better about themselves? We have the Gay Mardi Gra in Sydney, which is almost a family event these days. I honestly think, no - they'd be happy enough just getting on with it like the rest of us.

2. What really winds me up is the higher-ups falling over themselves to be seen to be accepting and tolerant of gays. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's the politicising of the issue which really p!sses me off. ("Oooh, look at us! We're SOOOO tolerant of gays!")

Bex and a lie down in order, I feel.......