PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gay Pride?
Thread: Gay Pride?
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2005, 11:57
An Teallach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pilgrim

Cheers mate. After more internet research, I find that the effect of going through NARTH-type 'therapy' and giving up Lagavulin would be:

1. No more Lagavulin.
2. I would remain gay.
3. I would acquire a SM-style penchant for having electrodes tied to my nuts!

As the thought of the whole SM thing has never floated my boat, I think I'll stay the way I am!

I agree on the Tatchell thing, though like many of the more right-wing chaps (it appears Tatchell is now the darling of the Telegraph set), I had to revise my attitude to the whole 'outing' business after I found that, under the old regime, some of the keenest persecutors of gay chaps in the Service were the closet queens.

Thankfully, now, that is not an issue and no-one should feel the need to point the finger at anyone else's peccadilloes.

Beags

I think we're seeing in Louisiana at the moment quite how thin that veneer of civilization actually is.

For a nation in the grip of an alleged 'revival', I don't see many of the Crystal Cathedral type Multi-Million $ Mammon-Preachers showing or mobilising much Christian charity. God forbid that they should sell off their fleets of limousines to buy food for people in desperate need.

Last edited by An Teallach; 6th Sep 2005 at 12:47.