PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gay Pride?
Thread: Gay Pride?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2005, 10:46
An Teallach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TR

Couldn't agree more. I recall I was utterly disgusted when I met a fine chap who was at Cranwell with me 6 months after training and he told me that he was leaving as he had better things to do with his life that deal with these racist tw@ts.

That said, I ruffled a few feathers at DORIS when, as a recruiting officer some years later, I refused to have anything to do with the "Ethnic Recruiting Vehicle". Some chimp had kitted out a pantechnicon with images of happy smiling black faces (4 of the photos were of the same guy in different guises - Action Man Diver, Admin Sec Officer, Techie and Hang Glider!).

As is their wont, the MT Drivers immediately christened it the "Wog Wagon". Even this didn't alert DORIS to their rank stupidity.

Did they honestly expect a young recruiting officer to turn up at a school or college, park the ordinary wagon on one side of the playgound, the "Wog Wagon" on the other and then perhaps stand in the middle with a shambok saying:

"OK, all you little white boys and girls to the truck on the left, all you little black boys and girls to the truck on the right!"

Despite being a gay chap myself, it will doubtless come as a relief to fellow ppruners that I have never felt the urge to don a jock strap and fairy wings and prance half-naked through the streets of Manchester.

Were I to be asked to go to such an event I would give exactly the same response as I did when I was asked why I wasn't using the 'Ethnic Recruiting Vehicle'.

Last edited by An Teallach; 2nd Sep 2005 at 11:05.