PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gay Pride?
Thread: Gay Pride?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2005, 00:58
16 blades

Short Blunt Shock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On a separate issue, may I ask why some people in this debate feel the need to preface their comments (usually referring to anal sex) with phrases such as, "While I find the thought of gay sex abhorrent....."?
Maybe it's because we DO. And it's not just anal sex - I find the thought of a man touching another man in ANY sexual way physically sickening, as do most normal blokes. And this is not a 'choice' I make, nor is it a 'bad' or 'outdated' attitude that can be 'cured' with 're-education' - it is an involuntary reaction. Exactly the same, in fact, as a gay man's attraction to members of his own sex. I am sure that gay posters here would be deeply offended if I suggested they could be 'cured' by being 're-educated' or having their 'over-progressive attitude' changed by activists campaining. Get the point?

Sadly the PC brigade have browbeaten most people into silence by crying 'homophobe!' anytime anybody questions the agenda of activists and mouthpieces, hence you never hear the voice of the silent majority.

As I have already said, I have no problem with gays serving in the military. Just get on with your jobs and give the politics a rest, eh? The more you bang on about how 'hard done to' you consider yourselves, the more people like me will find their tolerance being exhausted.

16B

Edited to say: After a bit of research, which has turned up some interesting facts and opinions, I may well have been wrong to use the word 'unnatural' to describe homosexuality (at least without defining explicitly what I understand 'unnatural' to mean). A VERY interesting article (and some responses to the concepts it examines) can be read here. It was published in a conservative-orientated magazine, written by a gay man, and has an obvious right-wing bias. However, I would urge those who consider themselves to be 'liberals' not to be put off by this and give it some attention.

Last edited by 16 blades; 3rd Sep 2005 at 02:03.