PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 7th Sep 2005, 13:02
donpizmeov

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts
Bymonek,

Here is some insight from the Laura Ashley fleet (oops meant Airbus).
1. At the moment Adopt delivers a roster, which is based upon the requests entered. Adopt crunches away to come up with a solution. Unfortunatley, we have the cheap option...it looks at a legal month only, unaware that a lot of trips will be illegal because of 900hrs in the past 12months, not enough rest days before hand etc. Now to make sure it all kind of works, a group of young ladies sit down with all the rosters, and check them manually. Hence the adjustments that are made between the adopt solution, and the solution which is printed and delivered to the mail box three to five days later. This is the reason that the Bus rosters are run after everybody elses, and delivered up to 1 week after the Boeing roster.
Now, because of this factoring thing which happened for a while then was taken away, but will still count if needed...no-one has any idea how many hours they are on at any given time. So, they sit down, and bid just as you do, hoping not too many adjustments will be made. So no matter how well they bid, they may not end up with the adopt solution. So to suggest that they are dim and unable to bid correctly is very short sighted...so I can see a long career for you within the EK management team.
2. Have a quick look at the ICN, PVG patterns. Have a look at the HKG-BKK-DXB pattern. Also consider that during winter, the actual flight time for these flights excedes the planned block time by 30 to 40min. Then consider why those who fly these trips are a bit peeved with FTLs. I have checked the EK web site once again and it makes nooo mention of EK being a charter company. (To help you out, these flights are in descretion before you even leave the hotel!!!! All of them are all nighters, with two pilots.)

So I am very glad that your two years here have been free from these evils. Long may it continue to be so.

Don