PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomsonfly (merged)
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2005, 11:12
PPRuNeUser0215

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V2andsome
If they can forsee when the door will shut, how can they forsee when it will re open? It could even happen tomorrow...

The difference between FO and SO in TFly is just a name and that FOs are Unfrozen ATPLs.
Not quite correct... It is experience related as well as licence related. To qualify as an FO (and get the payrise), you need 1500 hours TT, including 500 hours Jet or 1000 hours Turbine. Plus you also need an ATPL.

I agree what Tfly has just done isn't very nice but you guys should bear in mind that the industry is extremely dynamic so that kind of thing will take place or worse.
As a reminder how do you think it compares to the Virgin guys who got the boot when the Classics were disposed of. That wasn't done by seniority by the way.
How do you think the guys who had passed BA's selection prior to 911, were then told 2 years later (still waiting to be taken in) that their application had expired so they should reapply.

I can tell you though what Britannia did after 911.
Although I was a week from starting when 911 took place, I and others were terminated (in a similar fashion as the present case)but also we were given over £2000 to help us go on.
At no time any Britannia pilot was made redundant.
Those who had been made redundant (before joining), have all been kept in the pool and have now taken employment with this airline. None of that 2 years nonsense BA saw fit to apply.

Now that's what I call looking after your own!