PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EBA & IR Issues in Australia (Not for those easily offended!)
Old 7th Sep 2005, 10:44
Guardian1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JFK AND THE CONVERTS

Tow-truck... speedbirdhouse

It's confirmed my faith in the commonsense of crew. I'm glad sensible people who attended the FAAA meeting in Sydney after hearing all the facts have walked away agreeing that the JFK dispensation should continue.

The issue is all about the preservation of our job security by protecting our flying. No matter what our personal views about QF management there is no point spitting the dummy, refusing to continue the dispensation and then have our flying further transferred to others. This is the point that I and several others have tried to convey.

The meeting today was a professional and convincing event and further demonstrated the competence of the FAAA leadership.

I'll be there at the Friday meeting.

It's great to see that people who were opposed to the JFK dispensation were convinced of its correctness once they had the benefit of hearing a comprehensive and logical argument in support of the dispensation rather than listening to incorrect information that was being spread by a few individuals.