PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - In Need of credible computer 'expert' - Willing to pay!!
Old 7th Sep 2005, 10:00
the latest member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In Need of credible computer 'expert' - Willing to pay!!

OK, I know it sounds like a lonely hearts ad, but I am serious about this.

Essentially I need a person who is not only very credible but also reasonably well qualified in the matters of computers/computer security, ie, MSCE, to attend a county court appeals hearing in October.

The brief history of the case, is that I have originally won the matter in March of this year after an 18 month struggle, during which we had to wait 6 months while the other party had his world cruise. After the judge made his statement in which he awarded me all the claim, costs and interest the other party stated he was going to appeal. Me and judge were not amused but he has managed to get the appeal on the basis that he didnt have his expert witness present.

Obviously for the appeal he surely intends to bring this expert and my solicitor has advised me that I need to discredit this expert in order to win my case.

The history is quite long and involved and I will not post it here. Suffice to say that the person I am dealing with is a low life and according to those in the know this is typical of him, ie, delaying tactics etc, appeals and so on in the hope that those in my position will give in.

Well, seeing as there is in the region of £3,000 at stake I am not about to give in, so I will be attending the hearing in October.

My request is for someone who is credible and willing enough to attend with me as my expert witness to convince the court that I have done everything correctly and properly. Preferably if that person is MSCE qualified or experienced in security issues would be ideal as the argument is over computer security - he claims Windows XP security policies is not secure enough to prevent users (not Administrators) hacking the Administrator settings. I beleive it is, but this is where my expertise ends, hence my request.

I konw this is a very brief outline of the situation and if enough people request it I shall post the full details. The hearing is scheduled for mid October in Swansea. I am willing to pay expenses so please if anyone is interested I would request that you PM me.

Thanks in advance.

LM