PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 7th Sep 2005, 09:48
BYMONEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree with many points on the post but not with duty FTL's. I guess it will depend on which fleet you fly but in over 2 years here, not one flight into discretion. That is a World apart from the charter operation left behind where discretion was the norm on many long night flights. I also disagree with lack of choice( have always got what I requested in top 2 months and most of bids in 3rd month. Rarely seems to be a problem either with day off requests, providing you give them priority and low points for other bid requests. There are still some guys out there not bidding correctly so it's no wonder they're disappointed most months.
As I said, agree with most of the points, especially provident fund, but just trying to offer a balanced view from my own personal experience.
As a slight aside, was I the only one who was misled before applying that the EOB ( End Of service Benefits) would be in Addition to money created in the provident fund. I'm sure that the advert placed in flight contained the EOB as a seperate benefit to the provident fund leading me to believe that this would be an added bonus, NOT an either or! The truth, however, was pointed out after joining!
BYMONEK