PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Austrian cable car accident - Update
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2005, 03:36
3top

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am with Recuperator,

if you don't feel that load "leave" you are drugged/dead/dumb - you call it! It wasn't the concrete running out, but the whole kettle, wasn't it?

That Helicopter must have made a jump that would definitely call your attention - if not the new guys, the oldtimers for sure!

Can't really blame the pilot or the company though, as this is the work they choose and as far as it looks they did it within legal limits. You don't do it, someone else will.

Now rocks here or there, obviously at least part of the cable track seems to go over the ski track, which means a fairly wide stretch of area, where you never know when someone is underneath.

Considering all the dumb regulations one has to deal with, mainly brought on by non-flying bureaucrats without ever consulting with operators/pilots/etc. - basically denying the people with the experience to use common sense - it really strikes me that it is allowed to do cargo-ops under these circumstances.

As mentioned before, if there is just a slight chance of personal involvement, the area has to be cleared, and if this means, you have to wait for the end of the skiing season, so be it!
But telecom can't wait I guess!

Condolences to all victims and a heads-up to the pilots, I hope you get through this!

3top