PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enstrom Corner
Thread: Enstrom Corner
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2005, 23:44
Freewheel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wiz,

Depending on the model, I suspect you'll find the Enstrom a bit expensive. The A models are cheap to buy and pretty good to run. They're also a bit short on power, but you'll have a hard time breaking them - they're overbuilt, really.

The first time I looked at the tail rotor I saw a couple of straws, but I suppose the chill that runs down the spine brings care and respect. Might be your limiting factor in the heat.

Not sure about the C, did they have the turbo?

The F has the turbo and has been developed into quite a nice thing, but the DOC's are closer to the R44 than the R22.

Lots of inertia, a very solid feel, heavier controls but doesn't take long to get used to it. Autos way, way better than anything else & I've never heard of ground resonance.

The blades are on condition, therefore they don't fall off!

I've never heard of one mustering either, but there's quite a history of them spraying so they can't be that bad, the modern mustering techniques might suit them much better than the old.

Reefdog,

Do you mean Dennis Kenyon? If so, his Enstrom routine is near enough to identical to his 300 routine. Extremely impressive, and I'm not aware of him doing anything similar in a Robbie.

Couldn't believe he did it in the turbine enstrom as well, I wonder if he'll do it in the 333?