PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AC cabin service
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2005, 02:45
sidestep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AC cabin service

I recently had the experience of travelling as a pax on the LHR - YVR route operated with a AC A330. Having travelled quite extensively on the ZED / Star Alliance network up through the years, I was - to put it mildly - very dissapointed with both the attitude and service level provided by the CA's. (not that I deserve any more considering the price of the R2 ticked: but that's hardly the point...)

The average age of the onboard cabin-crew must have been at least 50, and none of them seeem remotely interested in being onboard. My IMPRESSION was of a cabin-crew who seemed arrogant, distant, complacent and completely indifferent to the cattle on M class. While taking the drink-trolley though the cabin, I actually overheard two of the attendents holding a conversation about how they were looking forward to long vacations and subsequently relieved at not having to do these trips for a while.

Anyways: it could have been a bad day for everyone, who knows? My point is this: is this the general service level provided onboard the AC long-range fleet, or was I just in the wrong place at the wrong time? Does anyone else share my impression, or am I the grumpy old bastard here? Or to put it another way: how does AC cabin-service compare to that of it's competing carriers. Based on my experience, I would not purchase a ticked with AC again (if I was paying normal fare.) And if I was an employee there, I would be worried about losing too many customers to competing carriers...

As for myself, I'm an FO with a european operator.