PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Franchise
Thread: BA Franchise
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2005, 21:27
ShortfinalFred

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm right back with Carnage on this one now.

LGS6753, whoever you are mate, you are not current flightcrew for sure and are pushing the "lets screw flightcrew again agenda".

Might not be such a hot plan.

A little bird says that five would-be direct entry pilots to BA longhaul from BMI just refused en-bloc and went to Virgin instead.

Why would they do that, I wonder?

Err, better DC pension scheme, (if thats what has to pertain these days), better rostering (750 hours a year - a chance for a life at home, not 900 on a rolling calendar year like most of our longhaul guys and girls now), better relations with cabin crew down route, none of the mind-blowing deceits that our groundstaff now practise (and dont you dare call bidline a spanish practise - this airline spends more time away from home than any other in the UK - a very small input into when that time is rostered is not a deceit on BA - unlike bus drivers hiding in laybyes, time theft, etc etc) and so on.

I guess thats why all the ex-forces guys are looking to go to Virgin too.

Hey, guess what! Some of our junior established P2's on longhaul are looking at their options too. They dont think NAPS will last, know BA flight ops managament have turned into a bunch of hypocritical bullies by and large and dispair of the sour atmosphere generated by so many CSD's with the cabin crew (honourable exceptions though) down route, and see the promotion pipeline corroding to stagnation in BA. Suddenly Virgin and others look more attractive by the day.

Well done flight ops "leadership team" (poor joke) you've got the remuneration package 'about right' and the AMP just seals the deal, doesn't it PoD!?