PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - (EK) pilot meeting
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2005, 08:10
Global Nomad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Critical Whinge

You forgot to add that the manure always floats to the top.

Secure

Would that be an individual’s morale or company morale? Very subjective topic and difficult to measure but here's my take on it.

Morale is an individual thing. Get enough people in that actual airline with a similar level of morale and you will project that to the world at large.

The morale of most Emirates crew that post on pprune is low, but the medium that they are able to communicate can project an impression that EK's morale is at a different level to what it is. An example, how many times do we see a new post saying "Is it really that bad, are there any happy crew out there"?

I will state again, people are free to post what they want. My response is that each post we see here is one individual’s impression and that the vast majority of staff do not express an opinion.

Pprune is a very powerful tool and anyone looking for a take on EK morale needs to be aware that each post comes from just one individual, and they may well use more than one ID.

So what level is Emirates morale at? Who am I to answer that question because I cannot provide anything substantial to prove it?

I have flown with pilots and have friends that would claim their morale is low while others claim this is the best thing that has happened to them. It depends on the individual, where he came from, what he expects out of EK and most importantly how much accountability he attributes to Emirates and how much he accepts himself for his individual situation.

Personal impression though. Emirates morale has been better, I've also seen it a lot worse.