PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are there ANY happy crew out there ?
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2005, 07:34
Global Nomad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Valid point scooter, commands should be in seniority across the board providing individuals are qualified. It provides a career structure and stability to the pilots.

However, the difference between the two fleets currently runs at about a month, hardly a catastrophe. I'm assuming that you weren't here in the late 90's when Airbus commands were running at under 2 years and pilots on the Boeing had to wait 4 years. Where it will go in the future, who knows?

If you were referring to friends that were junior to you but accelerated, all I can say is that was probably a known fact when you joined. Doesn't make it right but you did have the information to make a decision.

One sure way to increase your time to command would be to join another airline, unless of course you are going as a DEC and bypassing other FO's who would be senior to you.

Anyway your decision has been made, and good luck to you. We all need a lucky break from time to time.

GN

As a footnote, nice to see some cabin crew responding with a positive take on life. We all know that there are issues out there, but it doesn't remove the fact that there are crew who can identify with the positive traits of our employer.

Secure

My apologies, quite correct about your opinion. Post ammended.

Last edited by Global Nomad; 5th Sep 2005 at 08:25.