PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA or EK, CABIN CREW,WHICH ONE TO GO FOR?
Old 4th Sep 2005, 22:42
worst-class

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It all depends on your personality! If you're OK living away from home (though UK flights are very frequent, and depending on your ability/luck with the fairly new bid system, you're likely to see more of your near and dear than their nearer -and with id90s 'v' train tickets, dearer!)

We do get spoilt rotten here. Luxury apartments, including a pool, gym and sauna: uniforms dry cleaned within 24 hours and a bus to and from the airport. After 4 years I can't complain, but it can get a bit lonely at times. Petrol and cars are cheap and there's PLENTY to do socially, whether you be the sporty type or a total beer monster! The beach is never more than 20 minutes away (rush-hour permitting!) and the restaurants and clubs numerous.
Summer's a bit of a killer with temperatures up to 50 in the past, but then you just bid for Europe or Oz.
All in all not a bad package. For the first year or so in Economy expect to work hard, but promotions are pretty quick industry-wise and I even know one guy who became Purser within 3 years...not bad! First class is a dream and a pleasure to work in. Either way it's a great airline to see the world, experience culture, luxury (and see poverty eg Dhaka) and get or head down and be promoted or not get your head down and burn-out partying. Plus it looks good on your CV!!!!
GOOD LUCK!!!

Whoops! Sorry guys, having a "moment"! I\'m advocating Emirates!!!