PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Security going to far?
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2005, 11:36
Cerberus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do the checks not need to be done with probable cause? I think it might be appropriate not only to force it up our chain of command but also up the security persons chain of command. It is amazing how much goes accepted in the UAE out of ignorance of local procedures. It is also amazing how often people back down when properly challenged. Routinely lower ranking staff step over personal rights and would be hung drawn and quartered if this was brought to the attention of their superiors (not literally I hope).

I have not been involved in one of these incidents but as MR8 says I would stay with crew and make certain that the Duty CCM and a medical representative were present. (Out of interest, I wonder if you have the right to even contact your own countries embassy for assistance as any other citizen has the right to.) The next step would be to write a full report directly to SVP level management asking for their advice and a written policy. If you really have first hand information of these events, rather than writing on PPrune and hoping something will be done, why not take responsibility now.

Cerberus