PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indian government mandates 6 months notice period for jumping ship
Old 4th Sep 2005, 10:25
rsoman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spare a thought for the management - (yeah I know this is the wrong forum).

Jet Airways started its ATR fleet - a small regional went bust!

Spice Jet/KF and Air India Express started - Sahara suffered.

So..........

Ever thought that just to fatten up your own pockets you may risk getting your ex colleagues into the dole?

Yeah. a pilot may have a greener pasture.but then a lot of other people in the airline may find themelves suddenly out of a job......

Sahara launcehd its Hub HYDERABAD in February .. by May it was in shambles without warning (ironic anyway that Air India Express the main culprit now suffers in reverse!).

And spare a thought for the poor SLF who are suddenly hit by delays and incoveneince all around.

All the start ups want to operate BOM DEL or BOM BLR but then thanks to people jumping ship without a care a lot of other routes suddenly are under serviced!

This new rule may not stand up in court as someone said (for existing contracts) but all the same I feel this has been the next best thing which happened to Indian aviation after the derecognition of the IPG!

And finally what does people like Indigo and Go and ABC and Tom and Jerry Airline waiting in the wings t do..

Well as I said earlier the BOM DEL or BOM BLR routes are not exactly routes where Denied Boardings are dime a dozen. On the contrary in some of the routes things have got to such a stage that upmarket KF sometimes have to price lower than downmarket Deccan.

The air transport system is not going to collapse if these new start ups are delayed a few months! On the other hand this may also be good news for the increasing no of Indians who have licences from places like US and OZ, as now the pressure for making the conversion process to Indian licences may be easier

Well done DGCA!