PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL and I/R skills test questioning (merged)
Old 3rd Sep 2005, 12:51
flight_for_life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CPL and I/R skills test questioning

Guys and girls,

I'm looking for some guidance and helpful advice from your experiences of initial IR skills tests.

I understand from the CAA standards document ("Notes for the guidance of candidates undertaking the initial Instrument Rating skills test") that the examiner will probe their candidate's knowledge by way of "oral questioning".

Having recently taken the CPL skills test, I knew pretty much what kind of questions to expect from the examiner, and so was fairly relaxed when he came round to asking a few here and there. I know that examiners expect candidates to have a working knowledge of IFR and types of ATC service, airspace and of course a reasonable knowledge of the type of aircraft you are taking the test on (with regard to equipment/anti & de-ice/critical power units etc) but what else?!

My question to you all is: what kind of questions did your examiner ask you on your IR skills test? How did you go about answering? Did anyone come across the situation where they weren't sure of the answer to a question, and what did you do about this?

Cheers all.

Last edited by Keygrip; 3rd Sep 2005 at 13:39.